Friday, February 4, 2011

Swim #45: Boston Sports Club, Newton, MA

January 25, 2011 -- Checking out all the local health clubs!  I'm interested to see if there is a pool around that I like better than the JCC.  It's hard to imagine, but worth taking a look.  Swims #45 through 49 will all be health clubs close to Newton.

The first stop is Boston Sports Club (formerly known as Wellbridge) on Wells Avenue in Newton.  People have warned me that this pool is too warm for lap swimming -- and they are correct.  Too warm and too small, unless you swim very slowly.  Nevertheless, I did a full 30-minute swim, then spent another half-hour treading water, floating, and chatting with my friend Judy.  It is a nice workout facility -- but so far, I'm sticking with the JCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment