Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Swim #11: Sheraton Fairplex, Pomona, CA

July 13, 2010 -- Another college tour!  We are in California for several days, visiting friends and looking at schools.  While the Sheraton Fairplex is conference center and therefore inherently ugly, its pool is considerably nicer than I expected.  We stayed here for just one night, and I got up early to swim.  On trips like this, where we have to spend many hours in the car, I really appreciate hotels that have decent workout facilities.  This pool was a winner in the realm of hotel pools -- it was large enough that I didn't have to turn around after five strokes!  The pool area is very nice, too.  I could envision a lovely day reading by the pool with iced coffee in hand.  Check it out at http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=662.

No comments:

Post a Comment