Monday, January 3, 2011

Swim #9: Round Hill Beach, South Dartmouth, MA

July 3, 2010 -- We are spending the holiday weekend at our beach house in South Dartmouth, MA.  Round Hill Beach is a mile from the house;  a lovely town beach in Buzzard's Bay.  No heavy surf, just beautiful water for taking long swims.  Here I am with my friend Phyllis (left), another avid swimmer.  In the second photo, you can see Martha's Vineyard in the distance.

The best thing about South Dartmouth is that no one knows where it is.  I say it's near New Bedford, and people kind of wrinkle their noses and look confused.  That's okay -- more room for us!

There are several buoys out in the water, marking the guarded area.  Benjamin and I frequently swim laps together, measured in the number of buoys we swim past.  On this particular day, Benjamin was not with me - so I was especially glad to have Phyllis!

No comments:

Post a Comment