Monday, January 10, 2011

Swim #30: White's Pond, Concord, MA

I have found a little slice of heaven!  Unfortunately, it's not easy to get there.  White's Pond is owned by an association of homeowners.  There is a beach area for members -- which I obviously am not -- but there is also a little path in the woods that gets you to the side opposite the beach.  Legal?  I'm not sure.  Not that you'd ever find it on your own anyway.  My good friend Debbie, who has long been known to thwart authority, led me here.  And it is spectacularly gorgeous.  We swam across, sat on someone's dock for a little while, and swam back.  It was kind of a cool, mid-fall day, and I nearly induced hypothermia in poor Debbie.  Hopefully she will forget and bring me back next summer!

1 comment:

  1. I attended Camp Thoreau there in 1952 and 53. Many happy memories

    ReplyDelete