Sunday, January 9, 2011

Swims #27, 28, and 29: the South Boston beaches

September 12, 2010 - How have I lived here for this long yet never ventured to the beaches of South Boston?  Granted, there are no sand dunes -- but there is plenty of sand, and lovely, clean water for swimming.

Swim #27 is at Carson Beach.  There are a couple of other intrepid souls in the water, but for the most part, the city of Boston has decided that summer is over.  I beg to differ.  The water is a little chilly, and the air isn't quite as warm as it was in August -- but really!  Extend your summer!

Swim #28 is at M Street Beach, my favorite of today's beaches.  I can't believe the beautiful houses right across the street from the beach!  Daphne joined me for a quick swim.


 

Swim #29 is at Pleasure Bay. All of these beaches are contiguous;  Pleasure Bay is right at the point where South Boston becomes Castle Island.  



After a short swim (I've already had two swims this morning, thank you) we head to the famous Sully's for hot dogs.  Daphne approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment