Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Swim #42: Children's Beach, Nantucket

January 17, 2011 --  This is when it became apparent that I am actually out of my mind.  We were in Nantucket for a weekend with our friends Jack and Barb.  If you're in Nantucket and you've got three weeks left to do nine more swims, what do you do?  You have to swim.

Having learned from my Martha's Vineyard experience, I purchased gloves, boots, and cap to go with my wetsuit.  This was all good.  And as I waded into the water, I felt great - not cold at all.  After diving in, though, I could immediately tell that my gloves were not adequately tucked into the wetsuit.  In seconds, my hands were freezing.  I did swim a little bit, but not as far as I would have liked.  The rest of me (even my face, which was unprotected) felt completely fine!

So, I need more practice at this cold-water swimming thing.  But doesn't the water look beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment